Hey guys, I'm going to make a coffee run. Anybody want anything?


嘿朋友们,我要去买咖啡了,有人需要带点什么吗?

I could use some caffeine. Where are you going, Starbucks or Luckin'?
我确实需要一点咖啡因。你要去哪儿,星巴克还是瑞幸?

I was thinking of Luckin'. They've got a special promotion going on right now.

我想去瑞幸。他们现在有特殊优惠。

OK, cool. Just get me a large Americano with two sugar packets on the side, please.
好的。那给我来一个大杯美式吧,再来两包糖,不用加进去,谢谢。

Large Americano, two sugars. No problem. Anybody else?

大杯美式,两包糖。没问题。还有人有需要吗?

Yes, pick me up a cappuccino, if you don't mind. Oh, and a blueberry muffin.
还有我,如果可以的话,帮我带一杯卡布奇诺。再来份蓝莓松饼。

Got it. Do you think Betty will want anything?
明白。你觉得Betty想要点什么吗?

She's not really a coffee drinker. Maybe an herbal tea?
她不太常喝咖啡。要不帮她带杯茶饮?

Okay sounds good. Anything else? Last chance, everybody.
好的,听起来不错。还要什么吗?最后的机会了各位。

I think we're good. Thanks, Tim!
我想大家都没问题了。谢谢你啦,Tim!


 Expansion | 知识拓展 
A brief history of the coffee break茶歇小史
Why do we take coffee breaks?In the early 1900s, factories implemented eight-hour workdays and designated rest hours. During break times, workers would sip the bitter brew to recharge before starting another shift. Soon after, street-side coffee stands became common in urban areas, and coffee counters and machines popped up across the country. 
为什么有茶歇?20世纪初,工厂实施8小时工作制,有固定休息时间。工人休息时,会喝几口苦涩的咖啡提神醒脑,然后继续下一班工作。不久之后,市区遍布街边咖啡摊,美国全国风靡起咖啡店和咖啡机。

However, the residents of Stoughton, Wisconsin aren't convinced. The tiny town argues that its early immigrant workers didn't just take coffee breaks - they invented them. In 1880, a tobacco warehouse hired local Norwegian women to help with tobacco stripping. The warehouse was close to their homes, allowing them to periodically leave and check on their children, prepare food, and grab a cup of coffee. Today, the town honors this history by hosting an annual Coffee Break Festival.
但是在美国威斯康星州Stoughton小镇的人却不这么认为。这个镇的人认为自己镇上早年来的移民不仅仅享受茶歇,更发明了茶歇。1880年,烟草仓库雇佣当地的挪威妇女撕烟草。仓库离这些妇女的家不远,她们可以时不时回家看看孩子、做饭,再趁机喝杯咖啡。现在,Stoughton镇为了纪念这段历史,每年都会举办茶歇节(Coffee Break Festival)。