Simple Money, Simple Life102 episodes - English - Latest episode: about 1 month ago - ★★★★★ - 59 ratings
This is a podcast dedicated to exploring how simplicity beats complexity, especially in money matters. We explore how to save and invest as well as how living a simple life is a joyful life.
Homepage Apple Podcasts Google Podcasts Overcast Castro Pocket Casts RSS feed
98. Minimalism and TravelApril 26, 2023 02:33 - 21 minutes - 19.5 MB
Does traveling stress you out? In this episode I share some cool tips to make your next travel adventure epic and less stressful.
97. 13 Tips to DeclutteringMarch 18, 2023 23:20 - 14 minutes - 13.5 MB
Here is a simple guide to get started on your decluttering and minimizing journey.
96. Where to Put Cash and Top RegretsMarch 11, 2023 23:37 - 24 minutes - 22.4 MB
Many are wondering where to stash cash these days. I explore some great options in this episode. I also spend time talking about the most common financial and life regrets and what we can do to prevent having these regrets.
95. How to Complain LessMarch 04, 2023 22:31 - 14 minutes - 13.3 MB
Most of us complain way too much. Today we learn how to complain less. This episode was inspired by Joshua Becker. becomingminimalist.com
94. Don’t “Just” Your LifeFebruary 18, 2023 23:35 - 11 minutes - 10.3 MB
Today I discuss what this statement really means as well as share information about finding satisfaction in life. I also share an experience of how we saved $1,000.
93. Budgeting Like a BossJanuary 28, 2023 18:45 - 25 minutes - 23.8 MB
Today I share about my trip to Kauai. I also share differences between the zero based budget and the anti-budget. I also share some tips on getting out of debt.
92. The Paradox of WealthDecember 29, 2022 18:32 - 18 minutes - 17.4 MB
In today’s episode I explore the paradox of wealth. I also have 12 ideas to consider regarding your investment strategy as we close out 2022.
91. The Colombia ExperimentDecember 18, 2022 00:58 - 20 minutes - 18.7 MB
Today I share some things to consider at the end of the year including tips on Roth IRA’s and index funds. I also recap a recent trip to Colombia.
90. Live Now or Save For Tomorrow?November 05, 2022 22:42 - 20 minutes - 19 MB
In today’s episode I share some experiences about living now versus saving for later. I also share some ideas from a book I’m reading called Die With Zero by Bill Perkins.
89. How to Apply Lagom to Your LifeOctober 24, 2022 16:49 - 15 minutes - 14.2 MB
Today we discuss a Swedish term, Lagom, and how to apply it to your life. https://bigthink.com
88. Why Minimalism Might Be For YouOctober 08, 2022 19:52 - 24 minutes - 22.5 MB
Today I discuss things to consider when deciding if minimalism might be for you as well as 14 practical tips to get started.
87. Does Complexity Give Us More Control?September 25, 2022 23:11 - 17 minutes - 16.3 MB
Today I share some reasons to consider simplicity over complexity.
86. The Power of Micro DecisionsSeptember 13, 2022 15:49 - 16 minutes - 15.2 MB
In today’s episode I share how very small decisions can mean everything and I give some practical examples of micro decisions you can apply today.
85. Look Before You LeapAugust 28, 2022 00:15 - 14 minutes - 13.8 MB
85. Today I discuss the importance of measuring twice and cutting once. I also discuss the importance of reinvesting dividends and how to make sure you’re doing that.
84. 5 Mistakes Most Investors MakeAugust 20, 2022 21:01 - 15 minutes - 14.7 MB
Today I discuss 5 mistakes most investors make and how to prevent them.
83. The Digital MinimalistAugust 15, 2022 00:16 - 21 minutes - 19.8 MB
Today I talk about ideas to consider and whether or not digital minimalism might be for you.
82. 20 Tips to SimplicityJuly 20, 2022 23:18 - 24 minutes - 22.4 MB
Today I share 20 tips to consider that will help you live a simpler, more fulfilling life.
81. Sales! What a joke…July 02, 2022 21:39 - 17 minutes - 16 MB
Today I share my beef with sales and what to watch out for.
80. Robo AdvisorsJune 24, 2022 12:22 - 17 minutes - 16.6 MB
Today I explain what Robo Advisors are and if one might be right for you.
79. The Psychology of MoneyJune 10, 2022 21:41 - 16 minutes - 15.6 MB
In todays podcast I walk you through some great takeaways from a great book by Morgan Housel titled The Psychology of Money
78. Simplicity is the Ultimate SophisticationMay 30, 2022 17:59 - 18 minutes - 16.9 MB
Today I share some of my favorite quotes as well as talk about the Arrival Fallacy.
77. Declutter YourselfMay 21, 2022 23:13 - 26 minutes - 24.5 MB
Today I share several tips to Declutter effectively. I share an article from a blog on not following the crowd. Next I share an email from a listener and talk about current market conditions. Lastly I share thoughts on a letter I received from an “investment advisor.” I share some thoughts on what to watch out for.
76. The Benefits of GivingMay 07, 2022 19:40 - 21 minutes - 19.5 MB
In today’s episode I share some of the amazing benefits of giving. clevelandclinic.org
75. California Dreamin’April 23, 2022 18:11 - 22 minutes - 21.3 MB
Today I share my experiences from my trip to California and Disneyland. I also share thoughts on investing in a volatile market. Lastly I talk about how too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.
74. You Don’t Need to be Extraordinary to be HappyApril 01, 2022 20:51 - 11 minutes - 10.6 MB
Today I review an article written by Tavian Jean Pierre (tavianjp.medium,com). I discuss how living an ordinary life can be a very happy life.
73. Happiness With LessMarch 25, 2022 13:10 - 11 minutes - 10.7 MB
Today I share a book suggestion, Happy Money, and discuss some really cool concepts from the book.
72. How to Never Get ScammedMarch 18, 2022 13:09 - 15 minutes - 14.7 MB
Today I discuss what scams Do you watch for and how to avoid them.
71. Are You Falling Prey to Status Symbols?March 11, 2022 13:38 - 11 minutes - 10.2 MB
Today we dive into what status symbols are and explore if we might be falling prey to them.
70. Timing the Market vs Time in the MarketMarch 04, 2022 13:07 - 14 minutes - 13 MB
Today we discuss why time in the market is far superior to timing the market.
69. The Satisfaction FormulaFebruary 26, 2022 22:37 - 14 minutes - 13.5 MB
Today we discuss what truly brings satisfaction as well as answering a listener question on international index funds offered through Fidelity.
68. Am I Frugal or Am I Cheap?February 19, 2022 19:42 - 19 minutes - 17.9 MB
Today we discuss the differences between being frugal versus being cheap. I also discuss the Rule of 72, and talk about why I left a high paying job. https://acrazyfamily.com/six-signs-too-frugal/
67. Should I Invest in International Funds?February 14, 2022 20:41 - 19 minutes - 17.7 MB
Today we dive into the benefits of international investing.
66. The Simple Yet Elegant Total Market Index FundJanuary 28, 2022 02:28 - 22 minutes - 21.3 MB
In today’s episode we dive into the nitty gritty of the total market index fund.
65. Maximize Well Being While Minimizing ConsumptionJanuary 07, 2022 16:28 - 19 minutes - 18 MB
Today we explore one of my favorite life mantras.
64. The Power of GratitudeDecember 25, 2021 02:23 - 16 minutes - 14.9 MB
Merry Christmas all! 🎄In today’s episode we explore the amazing benefits gratitude can bring to our lives and how that applies to investing.
63. The Endowment EffectDecember 10, 2021 13:52 - 15 minutes - 14.2 MB
In today’s episode I educate on The Endowment Effect. Much of the information comes from Louis Chew’s blog, Constant Renewal.
62. The Power of a Morning RoutineNovember 25, 2021 13:41 - 14 minutes - 13 MB
In this episode we explore how a morning routine can dramatically improve your life. ‘Goodbye Things’ by Fumio Sasaki
61. Why There’s No Better Time to InvestNovember 19, 2021 13:19 - 23 minutes - 21.4 MB
In today’s episode I talk about why now is the best time in the history of the world to invest. I also answer a listener question.
60. A Deeper DiveNovember 05, 2021 13:16 - 21 minutes - 19.6 MB
I’m today’s episode I take a deeper dive into investing concepts including the 72T rule, the rule of 55, Roth conversions, back door Roth’s and Donor Advised funds. If this is all a bunch of mumbo jumbo to you give the episode a listen and learn something new!
59. 12 Reasons Why Minimalistic Living Might Be For YouOctober 29, 2021 12:23 - 15 minutes - 14.8 MB
In today’s episode I dive into some fun ideas about how minimalism might be for you and how it’s ok to pick and choose portions that resonate with you.
58. The Great ResignationOctober 23, 2021 03:09 - 13 minutes - 12.6 MB
In this episode I discuss what the Great Resignation is and factors that are contributing to it. I also share some personal news about my own resignation.
57. Are You Living Beyond Your Means?October 15, 2021 14:36 - 18 minutes - 16.9 MB
In today’s episode we go through a fun checklist to see if you’re living within or beyond your means.
56. Should I Play it Safe?October 01, 2021 12:17 - 15 minutes - 14.8 MB
In today’s episode I dive into how to know if we are playing it too safe in life and in investing.
55. Bringing Calm to Your LifeSeptember 24, 2021 12:23 - 24 minutes - 22.2 MB
In today’s episode I discuss a listener question about 401k’s, reflect on my trip to Alaska and discuss ways to bring calm to our lives.
54. Inflation-Proof Your LifeSeptember 17, 2021 12:20 - 24 minutes - 22.7 MB
In this episode I tackle a listener question and then dive into different strategies we can use to inflation-proof our life.
53. Lazy Investing is the Best InvestingSeptember 10, 2021 12:54 - 14 minutes - 13.7 MB
In today’s episode I present a compelling case as to why lazy investing is a superior way to invest.
52. Experiences Over ThingsSeptember 03, 2021 14:55 - 15 minutes - 13.9 MB
In today’s episode I explore why I value experiences more than possessions or things.
51. The Cost of ClutterAugust 27, 2021 01:02 - 18 minutes - 17 MB
We get to dive into how clutter affects our lives as well as discuss a friends investing portfolio. https://www.lifespleasuresandstruggles.com/2020/10/14/the-real-cost-of-clutter-in-your-life/?fbclid=IwAR0fOuVklLp7heIwxw0deIqnd-_86HJhK-wsrX3FUtZdVfjJp9rqzPyHilk
50. Dunbar’s NumberAugust 20, 2021 12:25 - 8 minutes - 7.62 MB
Have you heard of Dunbar’s number? Take a listen to this episode and learn what it is. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number
49. The YardAugust 13, 2021 12:28 - 15 minutes - 14.7 MB
Today I talk about the many parallels between keeping a yard beautiful and keeping our personal finances looking great.